The McArthur kids

The McArthur kids
Sunset on Tybee Island

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Devon is saved!

A few days ago, one of Bailey's little friends invited her to go swimming with her, and when she came downstairs in her bathing suit, the boys went crazy and starting searching for their bathing suits, too. They weren't invited to go with her, so after she left they got pretty upset. Ben and I decided to just put them in the golf cart and drive them over to the lake here and just let them swim for a bit and it wouldn't be a big deal. Ben and I found a really nice little clearing for them to swim that was nice and shady and away from everyone launching their boats so we parked the golf cart and sat and watched them. It really is a really nice little spot and the boys had a really fun time swimming around. Landon is a good bit taller than Devon and he goes out up to his chest, so I think that it looked a little bit deceiving to Devon. In any case, Devon ended up going out a bit too deep and found himself standing next to Landon, but with his face under the water! I looked at him and all that was visable were two wide eyes staring over the top of the water. I jumped up and said "Oh, no! Get him!" more to myself than to Ben, but as soon as Ben noticed him, he streaked past me and dove straight into the lake fully clothed to retrieve Devon. He grabbed him in a matter of seconds, and Devon just coughed a little bit, and was more scared than anything.

I got my phone out to take a picture of Ben "saving Devon's life" and I snapped this one just as he was realizing that his cell phone was in his pocket!

We went and got my sister's dry jar that she uses to get get water out of her hearing aid, and we took his battery out and left it in the dry jar over night. The next day, Ben called me from his cell from work! I really thought that lake water would be the death of a smart phone! So, Devon is safe, although not as relaxed around water as he used to be, but Ben realized about an hour later that he had hit his face on the bottom of the lake and his nose was sore for about a week. I pulled my phone out once the excitement was over so we could see the pictures, and we about died laughing when we saw this picture! Classic.

No comments:

Post a Comment