The McArthur kids

The McArthur kids
Sunset on Tybee Island

Friday, April 16, 2010

Our new blog

Hello everyone! I have enjoyed reading all your blogs so much that I decided to start my own. I thought about it a lot last summer when Landon was getting into trouble and doing embarassing things on a daily basis. I told Ben that if I blogged every time Landon did something crazy that I'd be posting on a daily basis. I am definately always eager to find something online to distract me from my homework every now and then, so I'm sure I'll be able to post on a fairly regular basis. So, keep your eyes open for the next installment of The McArthur Tales because Landon is always doing something nuts that either publicly humiliates me or scares me to death, and if he takes a day off, Bailey and Devon pick up his slack.
Lets start off with an old story that many of you may already know. We were at my parent's house last summer and Landon was still wearing diapers (he is now completely off them, which I thought would NEVER happen!) and he for some reason would take off his pants and shoes any time we got where we were going. My parents had just gotten their dog, Alvin, and he was young and impulsive just like Landon, so they were good friends. I realized that I hadn't seen him in quite a while so I searched the whole house for him and discovered that he was nowhere to be found! I told Ben that he definately wasn't in the house so we hurridly ran outside and split up looking for him. Our friend Jodi that lives next door told me she had seen Landon in the yard with Alvin a good ten minutes earlier, so then we knew he had the dog with him. She got in her car, I got in the golfcart, and Ben got in the Pilot and we all split up. Ben even stopped some kids walking by the lake and asked them "Have you seen a four year old boy with no pants on with a dog?!!" I have to say that was a pretty accurate description. After we circled the neighborhood a number of times, we decided that we were going to have to call the police. I really REALLY didn't want to! How do you call them and tell them that you allowed your autistic child to wander off with no pants on? But wait! Off in the distance we spotted Alvin and we sped over to him hoping he had his wandering companion with him. There was Landon, playing in the back yard of some stranger's house where we coudn't see him, wearing nothing but a t-shirt and a diaper. It was a very stressful half an hour.
Summer vacation will be upon us soon, and even though I am taking summer classes, I'll be having some crazy adventures for sure. Stay tuned for the next installment of The McArthur Tales!
Deanna

1 comment:

  1. That was a scary day, but we found him so all was right with the world again!! And the good news was that it never happened again! I think that the pool story needs to be shared next, Deanna!!!

    ReplyDelete